Footballers globally are always refereed to as 'Ladies men' due to the affection shown to them generally by the opposite gender. Over time, many ladies have been famous due to their closeness to top football stars.
African football stars are not left out on the 'ladies love' Here are 10 Nigerian football stars with their wives/girlfriend versus their Ghanaian counterpart.
1. Mikel Obi and Olga Olga Diyachenko versus Christian Atsu and Marie-Claire Rupio Mikel Obi might have not officially tied the knot with Russian girlfriend Olga Diyachenko (to the best of our knowledge) but the pair have a twin together and remain always in love.
Newcastle midfielder Christian Atsu met his girlfriend Marie-Claire Rupio during his loan spell at Rio Ave in 2011 and they got married the next year. The couples have two kids together.
2. Troost-Ekong and girlfriend versus Dede and Yvonne Ayew One of the Super Eagles 'Oyibo wall' Williams Troost-Ekong is one that never gets shy of showing his girlfriend on his various social media accounts. And what a lovely couple we have in Dede and Yvonne Ayew.
3. Shehu Abdullahi and Sumayya Abdullahi versus Harrison and Roberta Afful:
Super Eagles defender Shehu Abdullahi and his beautiful wife Sumayya have been married for two years now and still counting. Also is the picture of Black stars defender Harrison his gorgeous wife Roberta Afful.
4. Victor Moses and his wife versus John and Soraya Boye:
5. Ogenyi Onazi and wife Sandra Ogunsuyi versus Ghanaian midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah and wife Abena Asamoah: Ogenyi Onazi, wedded his long-time girlfriend Sandra Ogunsuyi on Saturday, June 18 at the Ruby Gardens in Lekki Epe in Lagos.
Onazi who had his traditional wedding in Benin City Edo state on June 16, got married in a private court wedding at the Ikoyi Registry on December 29, 2015. Kwadwo Asamoah on the other hand plays as a left midfielder, left wing-back or as an offensive central midfielder for Italian club Juventus and the Ghana national football team.
At international level, he has represented Ghana in four Africa Cup of Nations tournaments, and two FIFA World Cups.
6. John Ogu and wife Chiugo Adaolisa versus Black stars winger Mubarak Wakaso and wife: Super Eagles midfielder John Ogu married his long-time girlfriend Chiugo Akaolisa at the Ikoyi registry in Lagos on November 12, 2015.
Ogu and Veronica had their traditional wedding a month after. The pair recently welcomed a baby girl to the family. Mubarak Wakaso on the other hand is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays for Spanish club Deportivo Alavés as a winger. He began his senior career in Ashanti Gold SC.
In 2008, he moved abroad and signed with Elche CF in Spain on a five-year contract, but only joined the club nearly two months later however due to international duty. He has three children with his wife.
7. Odion Ighalo and his wife Sonia versus Ghanaian goalkeeper Razak Brimah and his wife Melisa Pajares: Super Eagles forward Odion Ighalo has been married for seven years to Sonia.
The union is blessed with three kids, which includes two boys and one girl. Other the other hand Razak Brimah is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays for South African club Mamelodi Sundowns F.C. as a goalkeeper.
He was part of the squad that appeared in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, being first-choice as the nation reached the final; in the decisive match, against the Ivory Coast, he missed his penalty shootout attempt in an eventual 8–9 loss.
8. Ahmed Musa and wife Juliet Ejue versus Samuel Inkoom and wife Omega Inkoom:
Ahmed Musa recently got married to his new bride Juliet Ejue after his six years marriage wife his former wife ended in a divorce. While Samuel Inkoom on the other is a Ghanaian international professional footballer who plays as a defender. Inkoom has represented the Ghana national team since 2008.
He has played in teams based in 8 different countries , namely Switzerland, Ukraine, France, Greece, United States of America, Portugal, Turkey and latest in Bulgaria. They have two children.
9. Moses Simon and wife Ibukun versus Sulley Muntari and wife Menaye Donkor: The Genk winger Moses Simon took the bold step of taking, his fiancée, Ibukun to the altar in 2015.
The forward has always taken to social media to shower praises on his wife.
Sulley Muntari on the other hand has been important inclusion in the Black Stars since 2002, he has earned over 80 caps for the national team and has been selected for two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments and three FIFA World Cups.
10. Wilfred Ndidi and girlfriend versus Asamoah and Gifty Gyan:
Asamoah Gyan is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Kayserispor and captains the Ghanaian national team. Gyan is the all-time leading goalscorer of the Ghana national team, with 51 goals. He represented Ghana at the 2006, 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups.
With 6 goals, he is the top African goalscorer in the history of the World Cup. He has three children with his wife.
FOR ALL THOSE INFERIOR BLACKMAN WHO MARRY WHITE TO FEEL SUPERIOR
9 months ago
Inferiority complex can kill a man. Most of these Ghanaians that we seee very ugly I guess this is the only way to feel like you are somebody. The ugliest are showing themselves in this picture